How to build Vibrant Testing Communities Like The Software Testing Club
Rosie Sherry, the founder of multiple testing communities, takes a rare step into the limelight as she shares her years of wisdom on the philosophy of testing, her thoughts on women in tech and life in general, as well as how to build vibrant testing communities like the Software Testing Club. This podcast is a must-listen for anyone who is involved in, or wants to learn more about, software testing and living life on your own terms.
Rosie Sherry is the founder of the Software Testing Club and Ministry of Testing and the co-founder of the testing agency Testing Ninjas. She is also the organizer of TestBash a popular software testing conference.
Rosie lives in Brighton, UK with her husband and three kids.
Quotes & Insights from this Test Talk
- Goals is to help people to focus on real testing not “what’s the next big tool, or certificate, I should study for”.
- The testing community does not have the right balance in the things it focuses on.
- Some companies HR are looking for the wrong things when looking to fill testing position.
- Testers should be pushing HR to hire the right kind of people and educating them on what they should be looking for.
- Why do software testers have such a bad reputation in the development community?
- History of testing is filled with examples of how most testing efforts have been very wasteful.
- Why is crowd testing so popular? What the difference between crowd testing and real testing.
- How to encourage testers to contribute to the testing community.
- The Testbash conference brings the online world–offline.
- Testbash is all about the community and trying to do stuff that is really about teaching and good testing.
- The Dojo will being some of the testing courses online
- Learn about the environment that you work in
- Lessons Learned in Software Testing: A Context-Driven Approach – Must read Book!
- The Dojo – the training you need to become a successful tester
- Software Testing Club – an online testing community which contains a forum, a comprehensive events listings, a job board, online groups, and community led meetups.
- Ministry of Testing – aims to change and lead within the software testing world. The site focuses on learning, collaboration and resources.
- Testing Ninjas – a small testing agency who work with a network of trusted independent and professional software testers.
- James Bach's Blog
- Selenium Webdriver 2.43.0 released!
Connect with Sherry
May I Ask You For a Favor?
Thanks again for listening to the show. If it has helped you in any way, shape or form, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the page.
Additionally, reviews for the podcast on iTunes are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show and I read each and every one of them.